Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Saying Goodbye to 2014

What a year it has been. One year ago I asked the Universe to guide me on a path where I could enjoy what I do, find financial freedom and help people. I thought I knew what that path was. I thought that path would include educating people about safe usage of essential oils and living a more natural lifestyle. That was the birth of this blog. Lulu and I talked about doing a blog together. We settled on a name and finally set it up. 

Then the unexpected. In March I was let go from my position as a legal assistant and office manager. I had worked in that small office for 2.5 years.  I saw it as an opportunity. For years I had thought about becoming a massage therapist. I know so many wonderful people who are massage therapists. I even looked into the OSTM night program. I had a plan to do the night program when Thia graduated from high school. 

After discussing the possibility with my dear hubby we decided I should go ahead and change careers. I went to OSTM and enrolled in the next session. That session didn't start until July. I had planned on doing the 1 year program and toyed with the idea of working part time if my unemployment was not extended for the training program. 

On day 1 of the program I met some wonderful women (Peg and Hannah) who convinced me to switch over to the 6 month program. I am so glad I did. 

2014 has not been an easy year, but it has put me on the path to so much happiness. On Monday, January 5, 2014 I will begin my career as a massage therapist. 

So tonight as I spend time with my family (watching Star Trek The Next Generation, The Princess Bride and whatever other movies my girls select) I am grateful for the year that brought us to this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time read our ramblings and comment on our Blog.