Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year! 20!5

Today was the first day of 20!5 and I enjoyed it.  But let's back track to how we rang in the New Year:

With homemade dairy free cocoa and grain free pumpkin cake:


The girls and I made it to midnight. We watched some Star Trek the Next Generation with the hubs, and then The Princess Bride. Unfortunately for the hubs about 2/3 of the way through The Princess Bride he had to head to bed to deal with his headache. 
The girls and I choose to watch Ice Age after that and finished out with some David Letterman. 

I woke up (late) and managed to finally put Christmas 2014 away:

In putting away all the Christmas stuff I managed to consolidate down and eliminated two boxes. The tree is still standing in the corner, but hopefully the hubs and I will be able to put that away tomorrow. 

I played some Candy Crush (yes I am officially addicted) and cleaned out some spoiled food from my fridge. I have to say I was incredibly disappointed with the last 2 produce picks from Aldi's. I guess I'll just have to go back to shopping the Public Market (brrr) and Abundance Co-op. 

I am keeping with my intention for 2015 to spend more time with friends. Since my girls were born I have put many friendships on the back burner and 2015 is the year that I am making every effort to reconnect. 

Tonight all 4 of us (plus a guest of Thia's) are headed to the Skinny White Boy Chef's place where, he and Courtney are making us Chicken Anastasia. I am bringing this lovely pan of potatoes (yes that is a turkey roaster FULL of potatoes)

As well as a large salad. 

I kept up with the dishes today, and have decided in addition to not going to bed with dirty dishes in the sink I am going to make it part of my efforts to make sure that I dry and put away all the dishes every night before I go to bed. 

Tomorrow the girls and I will make Vision Boards.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time read our ramblings and comment on our Blog.