Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Super - What Dinner Looks Like in My House

My recent post on Sunday Morning Pancakes featured a recipe from Brittany Angell's cookbook The Essential Gluten Free Baking Guide, Part 2, this dinner was inspired by what I had on hand (eggs, potatoes, scallions, tomatoes, peppers and cheese). 


I was originally thinking I would make frittata, which is my go to meal when I have eggs and some veggies and potatoes, then I realized I was really craving pizza. If I could find a grain free pizza crust I could make BREAKFAST PIZZA! 



In the picture above the dough actually looks pretty normal, but I remember thinking the dough looked kind of grey. I followed this recipe. One of the things I really love about Brittany Angell is that she has GREAT recipes on her website for free. I am also a Club Angell member and I HIGHLY recommend it. I followed the reader's comments to substitute a chia egg for the egg in the dough (because I only had enough eggs for the topping). I did not make this thick, it to me is normal pizza crust thickness. Not too thick, not too thin.  

First I par boiled the potatoes and then I oven baked them covered in Olive Oil, Fresh Garlic and Rosemary. I took the idea from Jamie Oliver and his Christmas recipe special. I found the recipe here.


I LOVE my cast iron pans and I don't know how I coked without them. They make the BEST potatoes and the BEST eggs and the BEST everything. 

I chopped up some of the potatoes and pan fried them like hashbrowns, then I scrambled some eggs and baked both upon the already par baked pizza dough. 


Since Lulu doesn't eat meat I cut her piece out before I added the bacon, and there is no cheese on Thia's section of the pizza because she doesn't eat cheese. Everyone topped their pizza how they wished: Lu used mustard and Karma Sauce as well as Scallions; Paul and I added peppers, cherry tomatoes and scallions along with Karma Sauce and Cajun Seasoning Blend; and Thia added scallions, mustard and Karma (she also ate the small amount of melon that was left over). 



My homemade Breakfast Pizza was far better than ANY I have ever had here in the ROC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time read our ramblings and comment on our Blog.