Thursday, January 15, 2015

My To Do List

This is my current "To Do List":

Launder the Sheets


 Clean Out the Clutter in the Powder Room


Clean Out the Clutter in my Up Office
 

Set Up a Functioning Down Office



Dishes:


Laundry

Clear Off Dinning Table so it can be used for Dinners


This is a long to do list and it is not intended to be a list that can be completed in a single day. Instead it is a list of items that I want to focus on until they are completed.  I will update and adjust my to do list daily, possibly even hourly.  

The point of a to do list for me is to have a guide for what I want to focus on, something to help keep me on track. I have heard over the years that for women in particular the longer the paper used to write the to do list on the longer the to do list. For many people it is important to keep the to do list short and simple. Something that can be achieved, something that can be checked off and completed. A sense of accomplishment. 

A long to do list is overwhelming. Even for me. I am willing to be flexible and adjust as needed. 

This morning I thought I would start with my downstairs office. The bulb burned out last week and I decided to find a replacement.
Search as I might I could only find bulbs intended for decorative candle lights or one single light for this lamp:

So I decided to be flexible, the bulb broke more than 3 years ago. I don't even remember how it broke. I think I was changing the sheets and maybe flicked the comforter to hard causing the bulb to smash into the ceiling.  I left it alone because changing it meant to much work. Well today I decided to simply do it. I unplugged the light and used a pair of pliers to removed the base of the bulb. All the glass was gone or I would have tried the potato trick. It took me less than 60 seconds to remove the old bulb base.  I replaced the bulb and while I was up there I noticed how dirty the top of the lamp was so I quickly dusted it off. 




Then it made sense for me to change the sheets and launder the old ones. So less than 5 minutes later I had changed a bulb that had been broken for years and a freshly made bed to boot. 




Now I am not super happy with my bedding, but it keeps us warm at night. The purple and grey comforter is what we registered for more than 15 years ago. I dream of fresh brightly colored comforters and sheets. I dream of soft organic cotton sheets. I have a plan but that plan will simply have to wait, because there are other projects that need to be completed and hey the comforter and blankets currently work. 

Back to my to do list. I took the two candle bulbs down to my basement office and decided I would give them a try, then I remembered I had a floor lamp in there that had a bulb in it. So I swapped that bulb. The problem I had been struggling with in the basement office is the lack of an outlet.......

Look what I found when I changed the light bulb:


An outlet! I have a surge bar that I think I can work into the ceiling to allow me to plug in an additional floor lamp, a space heater for the winter and run my laptop. Now I need to get on to the organization of the space. I know this won't be a single day project (or maybe it will). (I did string up the surge protector but when I plugged in the space heater and the radio is tripped the switch, so I still need a solution to being able to power the space.)

I made some progress in the basement office. It is not done, but progress was made. 

The dishes have been washed, dryed and put away, just in time to make new dishes for dinner. If I am really motivated I will wash, dry and put away the dishes after dinner. 
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time read our ramblings and comment on our Blog.