Monday, January 4, 2016

FOCUS 2016

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, somewhere along the line in 2015 I lost focus. I am not a big fan of Resolutions. I have in the past called them Goals. I do like the concept of starting a new year with a new plan, but I don't believe that one has to wait for the new year to start a new plan or that those plans, resolutions or goals should come with the expectation of instant achievement. 

The primary issue I find with my past resolutions is not that they were lofty, lofty goals are good. When one shoots for the moon one is sure to land among the stars. Instead the issue is that I have set lofty goals with little or no planning how to reach those goals. Then either several small set backs discourage me, or I simply forget about the goals with the demands of daily lives. 

Instead for 2016 I am simply going to be focused. 

Focused on:

ABUNDANCE - There is abundance on this earth and I am fortunate enough to share in that abundance.

I will not focus on what I do not have, I will focus on what I do HAVE. The rest will fall into place. 

ABILITY - I am an ably bodied person capable of doing and learning, failing my way to success. 

For too long the little voice inside my head has said I cannot. And the support outside my head said YOU cannot and you DO NOT. No more. The voice in my head will be retrained to say I can try. I can try and try again. Sure there are some things that I will not conquer, but there is nothing that I cannot give a fair try and if it comes out a complete disaster, at least I can say I tried. 

FREEDOM - I am free from all constraints, the Universe is my home and my guide. 

I will no longer seek anyone's approval or permission for my life. I will live the life that flutters in my dreams and that lingers on my mind. I will be the source of my own happiness. 

HAPPINESS - I am in complete control of my own happiness. 

These are the focus for my 2016. They are achievable, but will not be satisfied by January 30th. Only on the last day of the year can I look back and honestly evaluate if I was resolved in my focus or if I let myself lose yet another year of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time read our ramblings and comment on our Blog.